Over the last couple of years, I’ve written at least four articles on soap dispensers.
However, I know that people are struggling to find a decent one when they go shopping an Amazon. And since I have imported such products and worked in this niche for many years, I know which one you should choose.
Before you hear about plastic soap dispensers, I would love to introduce you to my other articles on the topic:
In a hurry? Here’s the top 3 plastic soap dispensers on the market
I have bought and tested all of them. And I can warmly recommend them. There are also loads of other plastic soap dispensers that I bought from Amazon.
And a lot of them were made out of so bad quality that I had to throw them out, which breaks my environmental heart. 😉
Categories of plastic soap dispensers
As you can see from my recommendations, there are quite some different categories in this niche. Not everyone wants to buy something that looks like a toy, which is very understandable.
- For the kids. This is the niche that I love the most. Soap dispensers for kids are cute and make your kid want to was his/her hand. The problem is that a lot of companies import some cheap stuff from the East without having any control over the quality of the product. That’s why 90 % of all the “kids soap dispensers” out there are made out of poor quality materials.
- See-through dispenser. I’ll admit that I find these fascinating. A lot of the plastic soap dispensers on the market are made in a way that you can see how much soap you have left. And I will be the first to admit that that’s a quite nice feature.
- Automatic soap dispensers. Electric soap dispensers are smart, hygienic, and very often have a large capacity. The problem is maintenance and the fact that they sometimes tend to break after a year or so. That’s my experience with them at least.
Pump or automatic?
As already mentioned, I don’t have much faith in these cheap automatic soap dispensers.
They might work for a small period of time (I only tried the one I recommend for about six months). But then they tend to stop working.
One great example of a high-quality and affordable automatic soap dispenser has already been given in this article. But here’s more information about it:
- 【400ml Large Capacity Transparent Soap Dispenser 】400ml large capacity to avoid replacing soap very frequent, which can bring convenient for your family. Unique transparent cabinet design for you to know the remaining amount of soap at any time and add soap in time
- 【Dispensering Soap Within 0.1 Second 】 Our automatic soap dispenser use built-in accurate infrared motion and PIR sensor detection technology, so you can put your hand in front of the sensor to get an instant automatic soap dispensering within 0.1 second, more convenient and quicker
- 【Anti-Oxidation Material Avoid Being Rust】 The automatic soap dispenser mainly made of ABS material, which is beautiful and won't Rust, better than other similar products made of metals.
- 【Leakproof and Waterproof Design】 Base is fully non-slip design, we promise its non-slip better than most of other soap dispenser, and it is IP65 waterproof, longer life span.
- 【Prefect For Your Kids】 Washing hands without make other things dirty, compatible with most kinds of hand sanitizer and body lotion, our soap dispenser is more convenient for kids to use. It also can act as bar/countertop/bathroom/kitchen/dish soap dispenser. Perfect for your family, coffee bar, offices, school, hotels, and restaurants.
Plastic is a brilliant material. It’s lightweight, strong, and durable.
Don’t get me wrong though. I know that the world is struggling with a huge plastic waste problem. But your plastic waste will increase dramatically if you buy a new soap dispenser every time you buy soap.
Again. I don’t really care if my soap dispenser is always filled with soap. I have a very nice routine of going through my house with the refillable bag every now and then. So I don’t really need that feature.
On the flip side, I know people care about always having their house in “tip-top shape”. That’s when a see-through plastic soap dispenser can be quite handy.
The size of the soap dispenser is quite important. If you have a family of five, I can guarantee you that you would love to have a large dispenser. Pouring in soap every second week might become a bit annoying as a lot of people constantly wash their hands.
Why buy a plastic soap dispenser?
Many people look at me in a weird way when I tell them that I’m “interested” in soap dispensers. And that’s something I totally understand.
But they do make a difference.
Let me try to show you how and why.
- Eco-friendly. By buying a refillable soap dispenser, you will limit the amount of plastic waste that comes out of your household.
- It gives a more exclusive look. The picture below was taken at my friends’ house before I gave him a soap dispenser. Having that type of “Walmart bought” plastic stuff just gives a cheap look to your bathroom.
- It saves you money. Buying soap in bulk will dramatically decrease your “soap budget”. Believe me: Spending between 10 and 30 USD on a plastic soap dispenser is definitely worth it as an investment.
Wrapping things up
As you can see, there are many types of plastic soap dispensers. Some are made for kids. Some are automatic. And some help you to see how much soap you got left.
I’ve recommended three different products in this article:
What do these products have in common?
1) They’re all made out of plastic.
2) They have successfully passed my “quality check”.
And believe me when I say that this quality check isn’t very easy to pass. 😉
If you do have any questions or comments in regards to these soap dispensers (or other product recommendations), feel free to use the comment section below. I’m looking forward to hear from you.