I have been working with soap dispensers for more than a decade. That has helped me to understand exactly what a product needs to fulfill the needs that you have.
In this article, I will show you the best glass soap dispensers on the market.
And before you ask: no. I am not affiliated with any of the companies of the glass soap dispensers I am reviewing in this buyer’s guide. You just have to take my word for that.
PS! If you got kids in the house, I would recommend that you check out this article that features the best soap dispensers for kids.
Table of Contents
- In a hurry? Here are my top picks
- Best Glass Soap Dispenser: Reviews & Recommendations
- Final thoughts
In a hurry? Here are my top picks
As you can see, two of my top recommendations are manufactured and sold by the same company. You probably don’t know this, but JASAI is the global market leader in the industry — which also says something about their quality. 🙂
On the other hand, Jarmazing is the glass soap dispenser with the most reviews on Amazon. As I am writing this, more than 2500 (satisfied) Amazon customers .
Why should your soap dispenser be made of glass?
In my “kids soap dispenser guide”, I told my readers that plastic was the ideal material. And I stand by that.
The reason is simple: kids are more likely to become a bit too eager while washing their hands, which will make the soap dispenser end up on the floor in 1000 bits. In other words: if you do have kids who are older than 9 years old, I would recommend glass because:
- It’s an eco-friendly material.
- You can see through the glass, which makes it easy to spot when you have to refill the dispenser.
- It’s a heavy material, which makes it robust and stable when it stands on the sink.
- It provides a modern look and becomes a nice bathroom decor.
Different types of glass soap dispensers
There are two types of glass soap dispensers out there. Luckily, you only have to care about one of them:
- The “traditional” dispenser: a stainless-steel or plastic pump placed on a glass jar. The most convenient and robust type.
- The electric soap dispenser: an annoying, often non-working and demanding device that doesn’t add much value to your bathroom or kitchen sink. Trust me: I’ve tried it — and I know that 90% of the electric lotion dispensers you buy on Amazon are quite horrible. I might be biased because of 3-4 bad experiences, but I really do not recommend spending 40 dollars+ on something like this.
To give you an impression of what the electric device looks like and how it works, feel free to watch this two-minute video (or just skip it…):
Glass soap dispensers pricing
- $9.99 and under: This is, in my opinion, where you find the absolute worst products. You might not think that there’s a huge difference in the quality of the glass. And that’s absolutely correct. However, there’s a HUGE difference in the quality of the pump mechanism. Some cheaper products either pump out too much (or too little) soap. In some cases, the pump stops working after a little while. Stay away from the cheapest alternatives. It’s just not worth it.
- $14.99 and under: This is the price range where most of my recommended glass soap dispensers can be found.If you type in “Glass Soap Dispenser” on Amazon, more than 4000 results will come up. According to a quick check, about 70 % of them can be found in the price range of 10 USD – 14.99 USD (see picture below)
- Above $20: Frankly, I am not convinced that there’s any reason to spend more than 20 USD on a glass soap dispenser unless you want something really fancy. And by “fancy”, I don’t say it’s of better quality. Most likely it’s just made by some company that tries to push a “high-value brand” like Gucci or Prada.
I am a huge fan of 16 oz (ca. 605 g) lotion dispensers. For a normal family of four, it would take about two weeks before it’s empty.
However, you do find these products in the range between 10 oz (ca. 378 g) and 20 oz (ca. 756 g).
PS! It’s super important that you check the size before you buy on Amazon. If there’s one problem that often occurs when shopping online, it’s the fact that people don’t read about the size before they buy something.
Most glass soap dispensers are made from recycled glass. That’s one reason why refillable lotion dispensers are eco-friendly.
Another “green feature” is the fact that you don’t have to buy new plastic containers all the time. All you need to do is to buy a large refill bag, which you use whenever the dispenser is empty.
There’s about a 50/50 distribution when it comes to plastic and stainless steel on the actual pump mechanism.
Plastic is a durable and strong material that you really can trust. On the other hand, it’s not as eco-friendly as stainless steel. Steel will also provide more of a luxury look — if that’s what you’re going after on your bathroom sink.
- Reviews: There are many products on Amazon that you have to stay away from after reading the reviews. You can always make sure that real customers will highlight the flaws of a product. For instance, this is a great example that I found when I did research to this article:
If the manufacturer doesn’t know (or care) about the material used in its own soap dispenser…well, then I would be cautious about buying it.
Best Glass Soap Dispenser: Reviews & Recommendations
I have already given you my top three. However, there are more than 1000 products sold on Amazon within this category. And a lot of them actually seem to be good.
Here are the rest of my top 7 list:
I did add several 2-pack products to my recommended list, as many people want one dispenser in the kitchen and another one in the bathroom. Or, those of you who got a big house, might have two separate bathrooms.
- If you know that you could need two glass soap dispensers, you should buy a 2-pack. There are loads of money to be saved.
- Soap refill bags can be bought on Amazon or in your local shop.
- Pay attention to the size — do not let the pictures on Amazon fool you.
- If you have small kids around, I would possibly be looking into buying a plastic soap dispenser.
Q: how long can they last?
For many years!
I have mine that I got from a manufacturer in China three years ago – and it’s just as good as new. Also, I don’t have kids. 🙂
Q: is the plastic used in the pump often BPA free?
That depends. I would carefully read the bullet points on the right-hand side of the listing on Amazon. It very often describes what type of materials that are being used.
Q: can I use other liquid like shampoo or conditioner in the dispenser?
Yes, you can.
However, I would be careful about using it in the kitchen for olive oil unless you are 100% sure what type of plastic the pump contains. The Guardian wrote an article on how food packaging sometimes contained toxic chemicals.
As you can already tell, I wouldn’t go for an electric soap dispenser. They are easily damaged, costs quite a lot and need maintenance. The has brilliant customer reviews and is made from high-quality materials.