I have been working with selling soap dispensers online for many years. It might seem like a weird hobby, but it has given me unique insight into what kids usually like.
First, let me tell you quickly why it’s important not only to have a kid-friendly reusable soap dispenser but also to choose the right one.
If you just want to see the recommended products, feel free to scroll down. 🙂
Top 3 product recommendations from Amazon
To be frank, the dinosaur soap dispenser is my absolute favorite. I did not only buy some for myself and my family but also tried to find the manufacturer in China so that I could start selling them myself.
Unfortunately, I did not find it…
If you want to learn more about the different soap dispensers for kids that I have recommended, feel free to scroll down.
1. GoFika Dinosaur – My absolute favorite
Cute, durable and absolutely affordable.
This dinosaur soap dispenser from the Swedish brand GoFika is the best option out there.
- Your kids will love it
- Beautiful details (especially on the face and teeth)
- Good pump that has an easy installation
- It stands very steadily on your sink
- Extremely easy to fill up
It’s no wonder that most of the customer reviews on Amazon are positive with this soap dispenser. Not only is it pretty. It’s also extremely well-made.
When I bought it, I did expect to receive some “poor-quality plastic stuff”. What I received in my mailbox was something different. The pump is really made out of high-quality materials. In addition to that, it’s very clear that GoFika has made the design as appealing and kids friendly as possible.
As I am writing this now, I have used this kids soap dispenser for about a year. The “paint” was just as pretty when I received it as it is right now.
No leak. No problems with the pump. And the best thing of all is that my kids are still very happy using it – and showing it to their friends.
2. GoFika Elephant – Cute & Blue
If you trust me that GoFika is the best option: you might also buy their elephant soap dispenser.
Isn’t this cute?
- High-quality materials
- Blue elephant design – unique and cool!
- Easy to refill
- Can both be placed in the kitchen and bathroom
If you have a kid that wants something CUTE and not something SCARY, buying an elephant soap dispenser might be a better option?
This beautiful soap dispenser is something most kids will love – both girls and boys.
Slightly smaller size
It’s worth mentioning that the elephant soap dispenser holds a total of 320 ml soap. In comparison, the dinosaur model could hold up to 350 ml.
To be fair, it doesn’t make much of a difference. But I felt that I had to include that.
3. Locco Decor – Interactive Floating Fish Soap Dispenser
This interactive soap dispenser is perfect for kids who love to see fish swim around in their soap.
- Very easy to clean
- Not made out of plastic (which is a plus?)
- Can also be used for lotion and other creams
Locco Decor has made a soap dispenser for kids that is slightly different from the ones from GoFika.
First of all, this is a see-through dispenser. You can always keep an eye on how much soap that’s left.
Secondly, this dispenser is not made out of plastic. It’s made out of acrylic.
It’s an outsider. Because I still really believe that GoFika makes the best kids soap dispensers on the market – which is why I really want to recommend that brand.
More than 2000 reviews
That being said, Locco Decor has created this product which has been really well-received by the Amazon customer base. With more than 2000 reviews (and counting), this is one of the most popular soap dispensers for kids on the market right now.
I guess that must mean something? 🙂
|Volume||270 ml (9,14 ounces)|
Other recommended products
I never usually recommend products that I haven’t tried myself. In other words: I feel a bit bad for recommending the products below.
That being said, I have browsed through all the Amazon reviews – and I came to the conclusion that these products all have very satisfied customers. There are two other soap dispensers that I can recommend (based on other peoples’ opinion & my experience with selling soap dispensers):
- Includes (1) lotion pump
- Sculpted Acrylic
- Easily fill with your favorite liquid soap or moisturizer
- Coordinating bath Accessories available (sold separately)
- Resin construction is easy to clean
- Kids fox shaped soap or lotion dispenser
Why is it important to have a soap dispenser that your kids love?
Washing hands frequently decreases the risk of becoming sick. There was one study in Norway that happened through the “swine flu period”. All kids should wash their hands three times per day in the kindergarten.
The number of people who got sick (both kids and kindergarten employees) dropped by 40%. That’s why it’s important to make your kids wash their hands.
Kids are significantly more eager to wash their hands if you have some funny soap dispenser in your bathroom. Furthermore, it helps to spice up the sink area.
What is a good soap dispenser for kids?
To me, it’s something that fits all these criteria:
– Sits steady on the sink (many of them have a tendency to easily fall over)
– It does not leak easily.
These factors might seem like a simple thing to make, but my experience tells me that 70-80 % of all the soap dispensers for kids do have some type of error. Most of the time it’s a combination of not being steady (because the design is “too fancy”) and a high price.
Should I buy more than one?
I recommend having a refillable soap dispenser for every room where there’s a sink.
Personally, I got one in each of the bathrooms, one in the kitchen and one by the washing machine.
Since children are more into cute things compared to hand hygiene, the design is very important. If you buy a soap dispenser that your kid doesn’t like, there’s a chance he/she won’t use it too frequently. A cute soap dispenser will mean a lot to your kids’ hygiene. Once they find it funny to wash their hands, you already won. 🙂
Since soap dispensers need to be filled up by soap every now and then, the size matters a lot. If your dispenser is too small, you will see loads of problems. For instance, it won’t be as stable on the sink (it can fall down). Also, you would need to constantly fill it up with soap every single week.
QUALITY OF THE PUMP
1) It needs to last long. Some pumps, especially those who are NOT made of plastic, will easily get broken.
2) You need to make sure that the pump doesn’t splash out too much soap. That will create a mess.
Kids soap dispenser pricing
- Below 7.99 USD: You can barely find soap dispensers for kids below 8 USD. And if you do, they are either packed in bulk (often more than 5) or super ugly.
- Between 8 and 14.99 USD: This is the most normal price range for decent-looking soap dispensers. Most of them are made out of plastic, they have a high-quality pump and can last for many years.
- More than 15 USD: In this price range, you will find a weird gathering of different products. Some are simply overpriced. But many of them have put great details into their packaging and design. What I found most interesting is that it’s, from a quality perspective, no reason to buy a kids soap dispenser that costs more than 20 USD. I’ve never really seen one that can justify that price tag.
Where should I buy refillable bags of soap?
They can also be found on Amazon. All you have to do is to search for “soap refill” on Amazon. I suggest that you buy at least 1 gallon (3.79 liters) every time you purchase. That will normally last for half a year for most families with three kids.
Why is it recommended to choose plastic soap dispensers?
Because, as of now, there’s no better option.
Trust me: I hate plastic waste. Therefore, I am not a huge fan of recommending people to fill their houses with plastic products. On the other hand, I know for a fact that there’s no better option if you want a durable and refillable soap dispenser at the moment.
After all, plastic is a fantastic material to use for such products:
– Cheap to produce.
– Holds onto liquid in the best way possible.
– Is child-friendly in a way that they cannot easily break it
Do YOU have any other product recommendations or any comments on the products I featured?
If that’s the case, I would love to hear from you in the comment section below. 🙂