Are the following statements about renewable energy true or false? (Dissolution below)
- Non-biomass renewable sources of energy (hydropower, wind and solar) do not directly emit greenhouse gases.
- United States generates the most renewable energy in the world.
- Wind power is a more efficient power source than solar.
- Less than 20 % of all energy in USA comes from renewable energy sources.
- In some countries, renewable energy is cheaper than fossil fuels.
- One wind turbine can generate enough power to 300 homes.
- Solar power is currently the biggest renewable energy source in the US.
Scroll down for dissolution.
- False. According to Statista.com, China produces 895 gigawatts, while the U.S. produces 292 gigawatts per year.
- False. In fact, it’s only 12-14%.
- False. Wind energy followed by hydropower are the biggest.