Water! It’s the stuff of life and you have got to admit it, it’s everyones go to. For most people water is the first and the last thing we have every single day.
Maybe that’s why we are ever seeking for that perfect, crystal clear glass of lifes perfect nectar.
Here is where filtration establishes itself as the medium of the moment. It’s not a new science, every school child knows this. But it has become one of high importance for every switched on modern day man, modern day woman and modern day child. One of the most popular filters is Brita, so here, let’s talk about how effective are Brita filters.
Water is our diet guru, it helps us digest, it hydrates us and energises us. So filtering out those nasty bacteria and of course traces of metallic mineral monsters is a must.
Ok, it’s only a glass of water and filter systems are becoming common place. But how effective are they and which one should you buy?
Well the short answer is, they improve our water, and they remove toxins. They actually do what we the consumer want them to do. So yes they are effective and they meet our expectations.
Are Brita filters effective?
When you have decided to go online or to your nearest store, you will find a caution on every box, it’s universal across all the brands.
But don’t worry it’s nothing to lose sleep over. We will demystify it here, but to be very honest most of you won’t need our help.
What?s the warning? It’s a simple one, ?Brita recommends that you get your water tested before you purchase?, so that you get the right one for you.
The higher percentage of us just go out and buy the one of our choice and no further issue to be mindful of. No moments of heart aching angst.
I know I did, I bought one that’s hidden away under my sink!
Why? Because that’s the one I wanted.
Whereas my mother plumbed (pardon the pun) for the handy jug type, because and I quote ?it’s cool?.
A little of the technical stuff
Here are some of the facts, the filters are designed to remove some of the little evils that we don’t want. But none of them are built to be the panacea of our expectations.
They can’t be, science is great but it seems not that great! Not yet!
That’s why Brita offer several types of filtration systems. There are 3 main types, there are the Pitcher?s (go mum) these have replaceable filters, there are faucet filtration systems (yeah me) and refrigerator filters (I must mention my Aunt Margaret and my sister).
Don’t be too complacent, although they remove bacteria along with traces of metals such as Copper, Mercury, Cadmium and Lead.
They cannot catch everything. Some bacteria are just too small.
There?s also the small matter that just like many of sciences wonderful gifts. They are based on designs first introduced by Mother Nature.
So don’t be surprised to find that some friendlier bacteria help in the process.
I like to find out for myself, so a short while ago I powered up my favorite search engine and began a thorough research.
Of course, we all have some of the basics! There?s hard water and soft water and there?s traces of minerals, some good, and some bad. But it’s much more complicated than that. Isn?t it always!
Each filtration system is limited in its design. They simply cannot catch all and this is where your local type of water has its say.
If you want to get technical you can ask your water provider for their ?Consumer confidence report?. This will detail where your water comes from, how it is purified and a list of contaminants.
In all of this I found myself thinking just this!
If a filtration system does actually filter but it cannot eliminate everything. Then it doesn’t really matter too much, which one I choose. Just as long as the distilled product I wish to attain is healthier, drinkable, thirst quenching and refreshing.
So with that in mind and accepting that I had already chosen a type of system, all I needed to do was dive in and check out those reviews.
Where to find filters
My favored port of call? Why Amazon of course! On this platform I can view the product. There?s details for those of us who are techies and bingo! Yes, those important customer reviews.
Now when you are checking out the reviews. Be mindful that there will be some angry Sam?s adding to the list. You can easily recognize these, they will use lots of adjectives like ?disgusted?, ?appalled? and their writing will be unbalanced.
Ok, back to the search! I decided to highlight a brand for each of the 3 main areas of filtration. You might want to have all 3, it’s not too bad an idea.
3. Faucet (under sink) Filtration system
This one?s great, it has lots of positive reviews. It’s easy to install, and you to have o be a handy man.
It’s robust and maintenance free. Don’t forget, you can if you don’t mind paying a little extra, get your local plumber to pop it in for you.
Oh, and the water? It tastes great, it feels great too, a positive, refreshing experience.
- Enjoy unlimited ultra-fresh, clean, great tasting water right at home. Save money, time and hassle of buying costly, bottled water
- Designed, engineered and assembled in USA, RO-90 is the most durable system in the industry to guarantee water safety & your health
- Tested and certified by WQA to remove up to 99% of contaminants including arsenic, chlorine, lead, fluoride, heavy metals, virus and 1000+ contaminants
- Large super capacity filters deliver 2X contaminant removing capacity for fewer filter change outs compared to smaller all-in-one filters that clog up quickly
- Comes with 100% lead-free designer faucet, plus JG Food grade tubing to provide safe, contamination-free pure water. The original, top-notch JG Quick Connect fittings for easy and secure leak-seal
2. Refrigerator System
For the refrigerator system, I will add caution here.
Each manufacturer of Refrigerators have their own system and often they can be built in.
But if you want one that is a bit more universal then there are choices that you can add to your existing fridge. If this choice is the one for you, again you will find it easy to install and effective.
Make sure you check your Refrigerator model before you buy!
- REPLACES GE MWF
- SUPERIOR WATER FILTRATION
- SAME GREAT QUALITY AT A FRACTION OF THE PRICE
- CHANGE YOUR FILTER EVERY 6 MONTHS
- 100% LIFETIME MONEYBACK GUARANTEE FROM THE MANUFACTURER
1. Pitcher Water Filter System
This is choice number 1. People love it because it’s always to hand, it’s very affective. The water tastes great and it’s at a very affordable price.
Another aspect of the water pitcher is that it makes a statement to your guests. ?Look, I care about my health and yours so I ensure we have healthy clean filtered water?!
You can opt to go for something expensive, but the water jug has stood the test of time.
- This Everyday water pitcher is made without BPA, easy to fill, fits in most fridges and can hold 10 cups of water, enough to fill 3 24-ounce reusable water bottles; Packaging may vary
- This space efficient Brita pitcher is fridge friendly, features an easy-fill lid to make refills a breeze; Height 10.7"; Width 5.4"; Length/Depth 10.1"; Weight 1.3 pounds
- Get great tasting water without the waste
- By switching to Brita, you can save money and replace 1,800 16.9 fl oz single-use plastic water bottles a year
- Only Brita filters are certified to reduce Chlorine (taste and odor), Copper, Mercury and Cadmium in Brita systems, while a sticker indicator makes filter reminders effortless
Happy Hydrating, Folks!