Most people might argue that the reverse osmosis system offers better drinking water than other water filtration systems. That is true, but the cost of installing reverse osmosis units at each faucet in your house is significantly huge.
That’s why we advice installing countertop water filters in the kitchen sink where you draw drinking water. This will give you peace of mind knowing that you’re taking clean water without spending much.
The best countertop water filter is the New Wave Enviro, which we’ve chosen after much deliberation.
Whichever model you choose, their job is to eliminate the contaminants in your drinking water.
It is also one of the best ways to get rid of harmful chemicals and bad taste and odour in water. If you intend to buy a countertop water filter, this article makes it easier by reviewing the best countertop water filters currently on the market.
Here are our picks for the best countertop water filter systems:
Table of Contents
- Best Countertop Water Filter Comparison Table
- Countertop water filters: A Buying guide
- Frequently asked questions
- Conclusion: The Best Countertop water filter?
Best Countertop Water Filter Comparison Table
1. New Wave Enviro 10 Stage Water Filter System
If you’re looking for a suitable alternative to buying single use plastic bottles New Wave Enviro’s 10 Stage Plus Countertop Filter System is an economical, sustainable choice. The filters can do up to 800 gallons of water which is equal to 6000 single use plastic bottles.
This product can filter a gallon of water in less than two minutes. You only need to replace your filter once a year if yours is a medium household . It is a 10 stage filter unit that eliminates impurities found in water and gives you clean and safe drinking water.It is easy to mount since you only need to attach it to the faucet.Its capable of removing chlorine,heavy metals like lead and mercury, pesticides and herbicides from water.
It also gets rid of bad smell in water and improves its taste. When you turn on your faucet,tap water comes out as normal. This space saving countertop water filtration unit installs in seconds to any standard faucet. You can easily change from the tapped water to filtered water to give you clean delicious water from the same faucet. You get a 1 year warranty on parts and a 30 money unconditional money back guarantee.
According to the company, this water filter is for countertop use only since other kinds of installation may damage property.
- Space saving
- BPA free material
- Installs easily in seconds
- Great tasting water
- Durable filter
- Filters heavy metals
- DRINK SAFE WATER: Enjoy fresh filtered water with the 10 Stage water filtration system that removes a significant amount of common water contaminants and bacteria found in tap water, including chlorine and lead, to help keep your water safe and clean.
- ELIMINATES CONTAINMENTS: 10 Stage works to eliminate harmful contaminants such as chlorine, trihalomethanes, organic and inorganic arsenic, mercury, lead, pesticides, and herbicides, which contribute to illnesses.
- EASY INSTALLMENT: The space-saving filter quickly and easily attaches to your faucet and allows you to easily change between tap water and filtered water as needed. It delivers odorless, great-tasting water at your kitchen sink.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE: By using a kitchen water filter at home, you can save money on water bottles and you can help eliminate the amount of plastic water bottles being used.
- NEW WAVE ENVIRO: New Wave is a family-owned company based in sunny Colorado. Their Enviro Products are designed to inspire and support healthy, active living.
2. Berkey BK 4X2 countertop water filter
The Big Berkey BK 4X2 water filter is perfect for your drinking water needs at home, outdoors and on the road. This stainless steel water filtration system is highly durable and versatile, which means you can use it to treat different types of water. It is one of the best fluoride chlorine water filters in the market.
The filtration system is also made using high grade, stainless steel material that can last many years. The 304 grade stainless steel material is both stable and safe for storing water and food. The Big Berkey BK 4×2 water filter can produce up to 3.5 gallons of clean water in an hour, making it highly convenient and dependable.
The high rate of filtration is attributed to it’s a quicker water purification speed, thanks to the enhanced gravitational mechanics that have gone into the system design. You can use this water filter to purify up to 3,000 gallons of water before making a filter replacement. The self-sterilizing filter built into this system can be cleaned easily and reused without compromising the quality of water running out of the filter.
However, special care and cleaning are required when working with unused filters. If you are unsure of what to do refer back to your user manual for more details. The Berkey BK 4X2 filtration system has a water capacity of 2.1 gallons or about 8 litres of water. The other features include 2 water purification elements and height of 13 inches. When the upper and lower chambers are assembled, the system stands at about 19.2 inches high.
The accompaniments for this water filtration system include a stainless wire stand that features non-skid rubber and a water view sight glass. Because of its high level of versatility, you can use your?Berkey water filter?to purify untreated water from the river or lake as well as the municipal or well water from your tap.
- High grade stainless steel
- Water sight glass
- Comes with a user manual
- High water purification speed
- Not easy to change filters
- Includes Big Berkey stainless steel housing (Upper, Lower, Lid and spigot etc.), 2 Black Berkey Filters, and 2 Fluoride Elements.
- Holds 2.25 gallons of purified water. Designed for home use for 4 to 16 people
- The Big Berkey is made with High Grade 304 Stainless Steel and measures 8.5"D x 21"H when assembled
- Each (1) Purification Element has a lifespan of 3,000 gallons. That's 6,000 gallons for a two-filter system.
- Each (1) Fluoride Filter attaches onto the stem of the Black Element, as a post filters, and can filter up to 1,000 gallons (3,785 liters).
3. APEX Alkaline
The APEX Alkaline water filtration system is designed to offer a sophisticated, multi-stage filtration system without the installation of a complex, heavy or resource-intensive system. Unlike most filters, the APEX adds dissolved minerals back to the filtered water, which may prove a desirable option for persons who want flavorful water or are not satisfied with the taste put out by other filtration systems.
The core of the APEX is a large filtration column that takes up almost the entirety of the unit. This particular model, due to its clear sides, shows the filter in action, and also permits the user to visually observe if anything has gone wrong with the filter that necessitates its replacement.
A filter is a standardized unit that is produced by many companies, which increases availability and reduces long-term running costs. The filter needs to be replaced only once every 1500 gallons, making it more than suitable for most drinking water needs.
Installation is relatively easy and will not require tools in most cases. All necessary attachment hardware is included, and the sink is still available for unfiltered use for cleaning. All components have been certified and tested by the NSF, but the final product has not been tested, nor has it been evaluated for raw effectiveness regarding heavy mineral removal.
Therefore, it is not possible to say what percentage of heavy metals and other contaminants have been removed. However, the filtration system is similar in content and chemical action to most high-quality filters. So it should be more than adequate for removing basic contaminants and improving taste.
Indeed, the primary focus of the APEX is to improve taste, not to eliminate potentially harmful microbes and chemicals. However, it has the components necessary to do the latter in most cases. As such, while most taste-affecting chemicals and metals are removed, the pH is increased, and various alkaline metals are added, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium.
Such alkaline additions are common in many forms of bottled water or spring water and give it the unique flavour, although it may not be preferable for everyone. Additionally, these dissolved salts make the produced water suitable only for drinking. Application of the water to fish tanks or in devices intended for use only with distilled water can leave an undesirable residue or unwanted increases in pH.
This makes the APEX Alkaline suitable only for the production of drinking water where the normal tap has an unpleasant taste due to contaminants.
- Alkaline water
- Removes mercury and harmful pesticides
- Fits on most kitchen faucets
- Clear sides
- Easy installation
- Certified by NSF
- Not easy to open the system for a filter replacement
- Very easy to install 💧 No need to drill holes or hire a plumber for this water filtration system. Simple twist-on installation makes it easy to set up. Fits most standard faucets with a 55/64" thread. Comes with four additional faucet adapters. If none of the water purifier adapters fit your faucet, APEX EXPRT technical support will try to diagnose and provide additional adapters to complete your installation and get you your filtered water.
- Better tasting water 💧 The five stages of this sink water filter effectively reduce the most common impurities found in tap water, such as sediments, hydrogen sulfide, pesticides, chlorine, chloramine, and other harmful chemicals. It also reduces heavy metals such as lead, iron, and mercury to ensure the water tastes great and is clean & healthy. *El mejor filtro de agua para cocina.
- Much better water quality 💧 Once the water has been filtered with KDF-55 (heavy metal reduction media) and a charcoal water filter (coconut shell, healthy minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium are added to enhance the water's pH level to alkalinity. ⭐ NOTE: This countertop water filter system does NOT lower TDS or PPM readings. If TDS or PPM removal is desired, a reverse osmosis drinking water filter is required. * filtros de agua para tomar de cocina no baja TDS o PPM ⭐
- Worth the money 💧 No longer need to carry heavy cases of water bottles, water filters eliminate that need. Countertop water filtration can not only save you money, but it is the responsible choice to eliminate the millions of plastic water bottles. Buying bottled water for daily home consumption gets expensive. One water faucet filter cartridge can last up to 4-6 months. (This may vary based on the quality of the feed water).
- Looks nice anywhere 💧 This counter top water filter is designed to be used in home kitchen, apartments, rental housing, and RVs. The MR-1050 is for municipal water only. Do not use with well water. Includes 30-day money-back and limited one-year manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. * este purificador de agua es para agua municipal.
4. WaterChef C7000
The WaterChef C7000 is a countertop water filtration system designed to improve the quality of tap water through the use of a “big block” style filter. Using only standard water pressure and a mixture of chemical and physical filtration, it offers a reasonably affordable option for families looking to remove the most common contaminants from tap water.
With only a single hookup and a battery-powered filter monitor, the WaterChef C7000 is simple to operate and has almost nothing on it that can break, which helps it to last longer and also enables it to function even during power outages.
The core of the WaterChef C7000 is a large central filter system, through which the water is passed through water pressure. Its large size and filtration capacity mean that it only needs to be replaced once every 1000 gallons, which equates to about once per year for most households.
This makes it more affordable in the long run than traditional tap-side options and filtration pitchers, which must be replaced several times per year to provide optimal filtration. While the WaterChef C7000 cartridges do cost more than such options, their longevity and low overall running cost make them a superior choice for families or heavy water users.
The WaterChef C7000 has been certified by the NSF to remove chlorine, chloramine, lead, benzene, cysts, Trihalomethanes, VOCs and MTBE from the water. Most notably, it is capable of removing over 99% of any lead found in the water, which is a major selling point in light of the recent lead contamination crisis.
While it does not remove all contaminants and is not suitable for humidifiers, CPAP machines, and other devices that require distilled water, it is more than adequate for drinking water. Its removal of almost all metal ions significantly improves taste, especially in areas where tap water is often contaminated by rusting or degraded pipes.
Installation is easy, with no tools required to connect it to most faucets. The machine has a lifetime warranty, and other than the battery and filter no components should need to be replaced during the life of the device. It is competitively priced when compared to other units. Its small footprint and space-saving design makes it fit into most kitchen environments, although it may have trouble in cramped kitchens and small apartments.
- Long lasting
- Easy to install
- Significantly improves water taste
- Certified by the NSF
- Removes 99% lead
- Affordably priced
- Large filtration capacity
- Doesn’t need frequent filter replacement
- Lifetime warranty
- Not suitable for gadgets that require distilled water
- Powerful BIG BLOCK Filtration Technology for Superior Contaminant Reduction & Taste (Removes >99% of LEAD!)
- Filter More and Spend Less - Huge 1,000 GALLON Capacity! (Just ONE Cartridge per YEAR for most families!)
- WQA Gold Seal Certified - NSF/ANSI Standards 42, 53, and 401 (includes 75 Contaminants)
- Intelligent Monitor - Measures Actual Usage (No more cartridge replacement guesswork!)
- Stylish, Space-Saving System Attaches to Your Faucet (no tools) & Includes LIFETIME Limited Warranty!
5. pH7 countertop water filter
The PH7 provides a high-quality UltraCarb ceramic filter candle. This filter system offers one of the greatest ways to get purified alkaline water which is proven to help prevent disease and slow ageing. Additionally, the system reduces and removes a wide variety of known chemicals, metals and dirt.
The system has been tested to reduce and remove: chlorine, cysts, micro-organisms, cryptosporidium and toxic heavy metals such as cadmium, organic arsenic lead, cadmium, as well as asbestos. This ph7 is a countertop device which readily hooks up to any faucet. Each PH7 unit features durable stainless steel housing to ensure a long life.
The PH7 water filters have been proven to offer 97% Chlorine Reduction, a 99.99% Cyst Reduction Giardia & Cryptosporidium, and provide a Class I Particulate Reduction of dirt and sand particles. These water system filters purify water from a wide range of temperatures from 5~38 ?C (41~100?F) and each cartridge filters up to 1000 gallon filter capacity.
The PH7 is one of the best in countertop filtration systems on the market today.
- Best for purified alkaline water
- Purifies water on a wide range of temperatures
- Adapts to most faucets
- 97% chlorine reduction
- Hard to change filters for new users
6. Home Master Jr F2 Countertop Water Filter
What makes the Home Master Jr F2 Countertop Water Filter a big seller is its superior performance thanks to the multistage granular filter. Some granular filters allow water to bypass the filtration media. This means that some water will pass through unfiltered.
The compression disks at the outlet, inlet and between layers ensure even filtered water. The various stages in the granular filter remove up to 93% of fluoride, arsenic and other chemicals. If you want to keep the essential minerals in your water, like calcium and magnesium, Home Master could be a good option. This filter is easy to install, and the space-saving design makes it ideal for small living spaces.
The compact sizing makes Home Master Jr F2 one of the best countertop water filters for limited spaces. It can fit on almost any countertop. Installing the filter takes only a few minutes, and most of the times won’t require tools. Your purchase contains a fully assembled tap Home Master JR.F2 with filter, a sink faucet diverter valve, an extra faucet adapter, flexible connection tubing, chrome faucet, and a manual.
- Simple and functional
- Great tasting water
- Portable for apartment dwellers
- Clear housing
- Only works with cold water
- Highly pure water - Elite five-stage filter removes up to 93 percent of chloramines, fluoride, chlorine, aluminum, other chemicals, and metals
- Efficient, space-saving design - compact design takes up minimal space and easily fits on any sinktop
- Simple and easy installation takes only minutes
- Portable - compact unit travels well
7. iSpring CKC1C Countertop Water Filter Dispenser
If you’ve been looking for a functional yet straightforward water filter for your tap water, you can finally relax. The iSpring countertop water filter is small, easy to maintain and effective. With a clear see-through housing, it allows you to see and inspect the filter, and tell whether you need to change the filter.
It is among the best countertop water filters that have a 10-inch cartridge to purify your dirty tap water. The filter cartridge is easy to replace. It features a 5-micron carbon block cartridge which effectively removes sediment, chlorine, scale and odours in your water.
It is highly effective in removing volatile organic compounds VOCs like pesticides, herbicides and industrial chemicals. The highly-rated countertop water filter This is portable and installation is easy. It does not need any drilling and so its suitable for apartments, campers, and on the RV. The I Spring water filter unit is small and compact and is great for places with limited spaces.
Its sleek and beautiful design easily blends into your kitchen. It comes in two colours, white and blue and so you can choose what blends with your home kitchen. The high-quality coconut shell carbon filter gives you healthy, clean drinking water for you and your family. The replacement parts are universal, so you don’t worry about compatibility.
Among the other components, your filter comes with a countertop stand and a manual. It’s easy to install you don’t need any drilling since the manufacturer includes two faucet adapters, a plastic wrench, tubing, and an O-ring to make installation easy for you. The company offers a one-year limited warranty with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Clear see-through design
- Affordable price
- Sleek design
- Space-saving design
- Low maintenance
- Easy installation
- 30 day money guarantee
- 1 year limited warranty
- Does not remove all impurities
- CLEAR HOUSING - See-through housing allows you to visually inspect the filter and know when it's time for a filter change.
- ULTRA SAFE - Includes a standard 5 micron Carbon Block Cartridge that removes 95% of chlorine, odors, sand, silt, sediment and rust from your drinking water. Tested by independent third-party to meet NSF/ANSI Standards.
- EASY INSTALLATION - No drilling required. Portable and easy to install. Sleek and efficient design offers a natural look on any counter. Perfect for small spaces.
- COMPLETE FILTRATION - A standard 10 inch CTO cartridge, a plastic wrench, two faucet adapters, tubing and O-ring included for a leak-free install.
- TOP-NOTCH SUPPORT - 30 day money back guarantee, 1 year limited warranty and lifetime technical support from Atlanta, Georgia.
8. Aquasana Countertop Drinking Water Filter System
The Aquasana Countertop water filter comes in white and black. This beautifully designed filter makes an ideal for homeowners who care about the aesthetics of their kitchen. The white colour seemly blends effortlessly and seamlessly with white kitchen countertops.
The filter in this system removes chemicals, lead, chlorine, odour, sediments and bad taste. The filtering capacity is 450 gallons of water which is a little bit low compared to other systems on our list. However, this doesn’t, in any way, compromise its function. As a bonus, the unit doesn’t remove essential minerals like magnesium, potassium and calcium. Also, it doesn’t add harmful contaminants to your drinking water.
These minerals are essential to our body, but if you don’t like them in your water, you might need to install a water softener. The NSF has certified the Aquasana gadget to remove lead, pharmaceuticals and other contaminants. Good news for the do-it-yourselves, this unit easily attaches and requires no permanent fixture or installation and replacement is bliss.
- Beautiful design
- Effectively removes VOCs from water
- Compact size
- Easy installation
- NSF certified
- Doesn’t remove essential minerals
- Relatively small filtering capacity
- Removes over 97% of chlorine and reduces 76 other contaminants - NSF certified to remove lead, pharmaceuticals and more
- No waste water or harmful contaminants added to your drinking water during the filtration process
- Retains the healthy minerals like calcium, potassium, and magnesium for the healthiest water
- Only 11 cents per gallon - 11 times the capacity of the leading gravity-based filter pitcher
- Easily attaches - no permanent fixtures or installation required. Filtered water right from your tap
9. KOR Waterfall Countertop Water Filter System
This countertop water filter gets its inspiration from pour-over coffee filters. You will be happy to realise that the water filter uses an all-natural coconut shell filter to remove chlorine, odours and bad taste found in tap water. It uses a simple, natural, sustainable process to produce water that tastes amazing.
It has a capacity of 33.8oz, and your water gets purified as you pour. Not many filters look good on the kitchen countertop. However, this is not the case with KOR Waterfall. It has an elegant look as each water filter comes with two beautiful glass carafes with lids.
Glass is a perfect option for storing and serving water. If you prioritize design on top of getting tasty, safe drinking water, the Water Fall by KOR is a good deal for you. The ergonomic design is easy to pick, carry, and pour water. It fits nearly under most counter cabinets.
Additionally, you can put fruits herbs or veggies to your drinking water in the filtering jar. One filter lasts two-four months and can do up to 80 gallons before you need to change your filter. The filter unit effectively removes VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- Fast process
- Great tasting water
- Removes odour from water
- Beautiful glass carafes
- Easy to use
- Uses natural coconut
- Dish washer safe
- Life-time warranty
- Does not remove heavy metals
- Plastic interior
- ECO-FRIENDLY AND GORGEOUS WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM: Purifies your tap water and looks good doing it. Set includes Water Fall stand, (1) filter and (2) glass carafes with lids.
- ALL-NATURAL, COCONUT FILTER: Uses coconut shells to create irresistible H2O. Filter lasts up to 80 gallons (about 4 months), twice as long as most filtered pitchers. Filter tested and certified to NSF 42 standard to remove chlorine, chloramines, bad taste and odors found in tap water
- MUCH MORE THAN A FILTERED WATER PITCHER: On top of creating refreshing clean water, it is a conversation piece making it the perfect co-host for any dinner party.
- INFUSE THE STATUS QUO: With our multiple carafes and endless possibilities, you can add in extra vitamins and antioxidants with your own combination of fruits, vegetables, and herbs.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY AND SAME-DAY CUSTOMER SUPPORT: We are dedicated to quality, so if there is a manufacturer defect, we got you!
10. AQUASPREE Exclusive 7 Stage Alkaline Water Filter
AQUASPREE Exclusive 7 Stage Alkaline Water Filter transforms your regular tap water to safe alkaline water for drinking. We liked the design of the countertop water filter and the large capacity of the container. The model can hold up to 5 gallons of filtered water, and you don’t have to filter water so often. It is easy to use.
The fact that you can fill your glass by simply pushing on a lever is impressive. This means you can operate the countertop system with a single hand. This is a BPA free water filter that ensures your water doesn’t come into contact with toxins.
This AQUASPREE countertop water doesn’t need electricity or complicated plumbing, making it a good option for camping and RVs. It is portable, convenient and economical to use.
- Doesn’t need electricity
- Alkaline drinking water
- Large capacity
- BPA-free water filter system
- Instructions not easy to follow
- Latest innovation of Ceramic filter made with high quality Diatomaceous Earth (DE) and Quartz Sand, this material mix makes its diameter smaller than other ceramic filters in the market.
- With diameter filter pores of 0.1 – 0.3 microns, it achieves comprehensive “Sieving” filtration and screening process.
- Effectively filters and traps rust, sediments, particles and impurities in the water.
- Effectively reduces toxins & harmful contaminants. Ceramic Filter life is 1 year or 1000 gallons. The lifespan of the filter varies depending on the quality of your water source.
- Flat and low profile design maximizes surface area and enhance rapid filtration.
11. Ecosoft Countertop Drinking Water Filter System
This counter top water filter is another excellent option that works to provide you with clean water. It has a filter cartridge with a capacity of 1500 gallons, lasting 3-6 months depending on the size of the household. With its vivid design and a fashionable colour scheme, it perfectly suits the modern style kitchen and faucet.
This system eliminates chlorine, lead, chloramine, sediment, and rust from the water, making it safe for drinking. Ecosoft Countertop Drinking water don’t system removes bad smell from your water and enhances the taste of your water. The plastic material in this filtration unit is BPA free making it one of the safest options for water filtration.
It is easy to use and install, and you need no plumbing or drilling. You only need to fix your countertop filter to a sink faucet, and you’re good to go. If a water pitcher is too small for you or you don’t want a big under sink filtration system, this size should be right one for you.
- Available in many colors
- Modern design
- Removes bad smells
- Enhances the taste
- Easy installation
- BPA free plastic
- Does Not remove heavy metals
12. Brondell H2O+ Cypress
The three advanced filters found in the Brondell H2O Cypress help in reducing mineral levels from the water as well as other organic compounds which are harmful for consumption. These substances include chemicals like chlorobenzene, trihalomethanes, atrazine and aesthetic chlorine.
Industrial chemicals, pesticides and micro-organisms are also eliminated. The Brondell system comprises of easily replaceable filters. The system fits in most home faucets, and it provides a continuous flow of water without waste.
Furthermore, the system comprises a push-button which is used for dispensing water. The push-buttons are strong; they do not allow water leakages during filtration. The system can hold a minimum pressure of 20psi of water feed and a maximum of 120psi. The system is also of a manageable size, and it does not occupy a very large space.
- Powerful filtration
- Adapts to 99% home faucets
- Affordably priced
- Elegant design
- Doesn’t waste water
- Easy to use push button
- Easy installation
- Plastic tubing too stiff to bend around the counter top
- POWERFUL FILTRATION: three-stage patented Nanotrap technology delivers high quality filtration usually found only in more complex under-counter systems
- CONVENIENT FAUCET ATTACHMENT: easily attaches to your faucet without compromising power of filtration, fits most faucets with provided adapters
- INSPIRED DESIGN: elegant and slim profile countertop design with ergonomic push-button control for dispensing water
- INDEPENDENT LAB TESTED and CERTIFIED: by WQA (Water Quality Association) for NSF/ANSI Standards 42, 53, and 372
- EASY INSTALLATION: can be installed in under 10 minutes, filter replacement is quick and simple;Do not use with water that is unsafe or of unknown quality
Countertop water filters: A Buying guide
How do countertop water filters work?
Countertop water filters use different systems of filtration, with a vast majority being micro-porous filters. The filters also operate in different ways; some are fixed directly onto the faucet nozzle while some come as water pitchers. Besides purifying water, filters also help remove unpleasant tastes and odours which may be present in water.
Large water pitchers come with a tank that is filled with water, which runs downstream as it is filtered. This type of water filtration system stands out from the rest because it is very efficient at eliminating harmful, disease-causing microorganisms such as parasites and bacteria.
The other chemical contaminants that can be eliminated using this filtration system are chlorine, radon 222 and organic solvents. Tests also show that countertop water filters can reduce the levels of nitrates, arsenic, nitrates, fluoride and harmful chemicals like mercury and lead while retaining essential minerals that the body needs to stay healthy.
There are a lot of countertop filters on the market. They all appear to be good countertop water filters in their ways. This can make choosing difficult and time-consuming.In the following section, you will learn how to choose the best countertop water filter. Make sure you follow the guidelines to make the right choice.
Factors to consider when buying the best countertop water filter
Pitchers vs faucet filters
Both the faucet water filters and pitcher water filter work in the same way to purify water. However, a water faucet filter is a small point-of-use water filter system ideal for filtering your drinking and cooking water. They are easy to use and attach to the faucet”s aerator. On the other hand, if want a portable, flexible water filter option, consider getting a water pitcher filter.
You don’t need to fix it on tap to filter your water. The unique small design also makes it fit in a refrigerator if you want cool water. A water pitcher filter is helpful if you don’t have much space on your water filter counter.
Size of the filter and filtration capacity
The best countertop water filter should comfortably fit beside the faucet, or on the kitchen counter. If your kitchen space is small, you can still get a suitable size without compromising on quality. If you travel frequently, a portable, compact countertop filter will be an excellent water companion.
Not all countertop water filters effectively remove the same elements in the water. Some will remove most contaminants and at the same time, remove beneficial minerals. That’s why you should know what is in your water and what you want to remove.
The best countertop water filter should not necessarily leave a dent in your pocket. Don’t be tempted to think that costly countertop water filters are the best. This is not always the case. Your budget should determine the kind of water filtration system that you’re going to purchase. If you’re on a very tight budget, consider buying a simple water countertop filter to get clean water. Make sure you don’t buy an expensive model that doesn’t remove what’s in your water.
Every filter requires maintenance at some point. Different countertop models need a filter replacement at different periods. Some models will use four or more filters at ago to clean your water. You should know the cost of replacing your filters and how often you need to do it before deciding on a model.
It would be best if you considered how easy it is to replace the filter. Most of the water filters we reviewed are easy, and changing the filters is as easy as ABC. The only thing we found as a huge deal breaker was that some units don’t easily open when you need to replace the filters.
Taste of the water
The best countertop water filter should improve the taste of your water. Heavy metals and contaminants like sulfur can give your water a bad taste and odour. Some filters are so efficient that they remove most of the minerals like calcium and magnesium in your water.
Removing these elements, the taste of the water could change. Make sure you know what the countertop water filter removes before you buy. Some models use a special filter to add magnesium and calcium to your water, making it taste better. Fluoride chlorine water filters like Big Berky will mainly give you great tasting drinking water.
Countertop systems vs whole house systems
Whole house water filters are ideal if you need clean water from all water faucets in the house. You install these systems at the entry point to your home. If you’re using hard water from a well, you might need a whole house water filter. This will filter out bacteria and also preserve your appliances from damage and forming scale.
Countertop filters are easy to fix. Once you connect them to the faucet, they are ready to use. These systems provide clean water from a single faucet, unlike whole house water filters that treat all water in the home. Consider what you want when making a purchase.
Frequently asked questions
Is filtered water better than bottled water?
Bottled water is convenient, especially when traveling and you have limited choice. However, there are several problems with using plastic bottled water. Since plastic degrades in heat, hot temperatures mean more chemicals get in your water.
Toxic chemicals can leach in your water and can cause illness to your body. Besides, single-use water bottles end up in landfills, and this negatively impacts on the environment. Investing in a countertop water filter is the best option to replace the need for bottled water.
Can bacteria grow in faucet water filters?
Yes, bacteria can grow inside the faucet water filter. While not all water filters use carbon cartridges, bacteria can grow in carbon. That’s one of the reasons why you need to need to change your filter regularly. Not all water filters inhibit the growth of bacteria. Since a Faucet Water filter cannot filter out bacteria that grow in it, you need to inspect your faucet filter for any indications of bacteria growth.
How much space do I need?
It wouldn’t be correct to say all the best countertop water filters are small in size. Some models have big capacities to store up to 5 gallons of water. They might occupy a larger space on your water filter countertop. Others like water pitcher filters are small and portable and can even fit in a refrigerator. Most of the best countertop water filters are, however compact and don’t need much space.
Conclusion: The Best Countertop water filter?
It is clear, from our reviews and buying guide, that the best water counter water filter can be a suitable replacement for reverse osmosis systems.
Every model suits a specific task. You need to establish why you need the water filter. Some filters remove chlorine and leave hard metals. Your choice depends on what you want to remove or add in your water,
Make sure you test your water and see water and see what is in it so as you can choose the model that best fits your needs. Besides, the size of your household should guide you on the best pick.
We recommend picking the most cost-effective solution that will meet your needs.