Lugging all that water home from the supermarket week after week can get quite annoying, isn’t it? And not to mention the hundreds of empty plastic bottles that follow.
What’s more, the cost of buying bottled water can quickly add up.
So, the question is, what can you do?
Well, one of the best ways to get clean, filtered water that is at times better than bottled water is using refrigerator water filters. These small filters can be installed right into your fridge and rid your drinking water of contaminants such as parasites, heavy metals and more.
One of the best refrigerator filters on the market is the Westinghouse Purersource2.
The Puresource2 is a versatile replacement filter that can be used with refrigerators by several manufacturers including GE, Kenmore, Whirlpool, Frigidaire and more.
Let’s take a closer look at the filtration system itself and the features that make it so awesome.
What is it?
The Puresource2 is a replacement filtration unit for your refrigerator. It is a compact unit that can be installed without the need of any special tools in your existing fridge in about 5 minutes.
The filtration system is sturdy and has a rated filtration capacity of 400 gallons (1514 Liters). It is a chemical and mechanical filtration unit that can operate under high pressures (about 100 psi).
Let’s take a closer look at some of the features that make the Puresource2 such a compelling buy.
1. Excellent efficiency
The most important feature of any filtration system is its effectiveness. The Puresource2 Westinghouse water filtration system can eliminate not only small particulate contaminants from your drinking water but also some chemical impurities. The filter can remove disease-causing bacteria, protozoa and other microbes with up to 99.999% efficiency.
The filtration system can also remove chemical contaminants such as herbicides and pesticides that are common in tap water.
When it comes to heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and chemicals such as atrazine and toxaphene, the filter can significantly reduce the levels of these contaminants.
If your water has a typical smell or taste, you are in luck as the Puresource2 can get rid of it as well. It is a NSF certified unit that speaks volumes about its quality.
Overall, the unit is a high-efficiency system that can handle your tap water like a pro no matter where you live in the country!
Westinghouse water filtration systems are known for their durability and solidly built. The Puresource2 lives up to the name as well. The unit is very well designed and is leak-proof.
You will not have any issues when it comes to durability of the unit. Also, it can withstand a water pressure of up to a 100 psi, so you don’t have to worry about the high pressure from your source as well.
One more thing about the filtration unit that is enticing is the fact that it has a lifespan of 400 gallons. That is a lot of water! In fact, that is water worth about 3200 16-ounce water bottles! Imagine how much money you can save with this filtration unit.
3. Can be used in different models
One feature that I love about this filtration unit is the fact that it can be used without a problem in many brands as long as they have a front-loading cassette type filtration system.
Officially, this filtration unit can be used in fridges manufactured by Westinghouse, Kenmore, GE, Frigidaire, Whirlpool, KitchenAid and more.
However, you should check the owner’s manual of your appliance to make sure that the Puresource2 is suitable for you.
4. Easy to install
Many people are afraid of changing the filtration unit on their refrigerator as they think it will be too much of a hassle.
However, the unique mechanism of the Puresource2 enables you to change the filter in 5 minutes flat!
You will not even need any equipment as well, not even a screwdriver to get this done.
You can easily replace the filter in a few easy steps.
- The first step to replacing the water filter in your refrigerator is turning off the water supply. You can quickly locate the water supply and turn it off by twisting the lever appropriately.
- The second step is to locate the water filtration assembly in your fridge. Although the location of the filtration assembly will vary with brand and model of your appliance, it is not that difficult to locate. Most common location of this assembly is top right corner inside your fridge. The location is marked for easy spotting and quick replacement.
- The third step is to push the release button and remove the existing water filter. The current water filter should pop right out with the push of the release button. If it does not, you take it out by pulling it gently.
- The next step is to take the new water filter system and to remove the protective caps at the ends of the water inlet and outlet pipes.
- Now, just insert the filtration unit in the slot and push gently until you hear a “click.” That’s it. Pat yourself on the back, you have just installed a brand-new filter in your fridge!
If you prefer a visual demonstration, here is a great video demonstrating the whole process.
Let’s face it; cost is a significant factor in making any purchase decision. We all want products that are excellent and yet affordable.
Although it can be difficult to find both these qualities in a single product, the PureSource2 Westinghouse water filtration system is an exception. It is a great product that is surprisingly affordable.
What is in the box?
- One Puresource2 filtration system
- An installation guide
- Product specification sheet
[thrive_text_block color=”blue” headline=””]
Pros of the PureSource2
- The small and compact unit has a solid build quality. It will not leak even under high water pressures.
- It can filter 99.999% bacteria, protozoa, and other disease-causing organisms
- It can also reduce the levels of chemical contaminants including lead, pesticides and pharmaceutical compounds
- Surprisingly affordable
- It has a lifespan of 400 gallons
- Can be used with multiple brands
[thrive_text_block color=”blue” headline=””]
Cons of the PureSource2
The Puresource2 is an excellent water filtration unit for your refrigerator, but it does have a couple of issues that need to be pointed out.
- Although the system is advertised to be compatible with a vast majority of brands, you will get best results if you have a Westinghouse or a Frigidaire appliance. The fit is much netter with these brands compared to some other brands including GE.
- If you are not careful, the filtration system can leak, especially if you don’t pay attention while pushing it all in. However, if you are a bit careful, this is an issue that is easily avoidable.
The Puresource2 is a great refrigerator filtration system that is efficient and affordable at the same time. It can be used with some brand, which is a huge advantage.
You can find great deals on the Puresource2 on Amazon as well.
Trust me; this will be the best investment you made since you bought your fridge!