To many people, relying on the county water resources is usually an expensive and an inconveniencing affair.
That is why it is usually a better idea to just have your own borehole and access unlimited amounts of water.
However, this does not come without its fair share of problems. One of them and perhaps the biggest being the hardness of water.
While it might not be a health concern as such, it is a great matter of economic balance.
Using hard water not only results in you using more soap while cleaning but also takes a toll on water heating systems.
This does not mean that you should make the painful switch. Instead, you can simply correct the problem by purchasing a proper and capable water softener. In this case, the Fleck 5600 SXT would be a great fit. This review will show you exactly why.
The Fleck 5600 has quite a number of features that make it the best possible option for a great deal of homes. Some of these include;
It comes with fully programmable cycles. This allows the user to program the best time for the water softener to go through regeneration so that they do not have to worry about not having soft water.
By programming the system, you are able to get water when you need it and when you don’t need water, the system is regenerating. In simple terms, it gives you a win-win situation.
It is a great fit for medium and larger families of up to 6 people with a capability of putting out 12 gallons of water per minute whether your water is moderate or very hard.
With the ability to sift out up to 48,000 grains per gallon of impurities, you can rest assured, that your water quality and even the taste will be significantly different without having to invest too much to enjoy such quality.
The bypass valve that comes as part of the water softener system ensures that you have water into the house at all times even when the system happens to be on regeneration.
The better part is that, if you already have a bypass valve installed in your home system, you do not have to purchase a second one.
The most intriguing feature on the system has to be the SXT controller. It comes with a contingent of features that include touchpad controls for the programming, an LCD display to make it easier to control the system and an internal back power of up to 48 hours just as a safety net.
The tank is made out of a durable poly glass. Not only does this make the tank more durable but ultimately easier to maintain not forgetting that the manufacturer offers a 10 year warranty with the tank and a 5 year warranty on the electronics.
To keep the system safe, it comes with a safety float feature that helps to prevent overfilling and overflow of the drain. This way you do not have to worry about flooding the house.
It is also worth mentioning that the Fleck 5600 also comes with a Brine tank that holds up to 250 pounds of pelleted salt.
There are plenty of benefits that the Fleck 5600 has to offer that would push you to want to make the purchase. Among these include;
- It comes with a very viable warranty to back up the durability claim of the system.
- Great programing console with an LCD screen that is user friendly.
- Gives you value for your money.
- It is quite easy to install
- The safety float is definitely an added advantage.
- Compared to other products in the market that offer the same service, it is much cheaper.
- It is quite expensive. However, it does give you value for what you spend.
- You have to ensure the plastic flow meter is well installed or you risk having a leak.
If you are a looking for a long term and affordable solution to your hard water issue, the Fleck 5600 is quite a formidable and feasible solution.
Not only is it able to deliver soft water that is easier and more economical to use but also does this without making your life a living hell.
Better yet, it does not leave bankrupt despite the fact that it is able to deliver at the same standards with other higher priced units.
- AFWFilters install kit for easy installation
- Made in the USA, AFWFilters easy to install, easy to use
- The Fleck 5600sxt digital metered, on demand valve. The newest 5600 model with fully programmable cycles
- Fleck 5600SXT Digital Control Head with bypass valve and 1" threaded plumbing adapter (yoke)
- 10" x 54" tank, 15” x 34” brine tank with safety float system, (color may vary)