One of the best under sink reverse osmosis systems currently on the market is the Watts Premier RO Pure reverse osmosis system. Featuring 4 stage filtration and a modular design, it’s a solid investment overall if you’re looking for an RO system.
Learn more in this Watts Premier RO Pure review.
Watts Premier RO Pure Reverse Osmosis System Review
The Watts Premier has a 4 stage filter:
- Stage 1: 5 micron sediment pre filter that traps all dirt, silt and rust
- Stage 2: 5 micron carbon clock prefilter that helps to decrease among other contaminants chlorine, odors and unpleasant taste
- Stage 3: reverse osmosis
- Stage 4: Carbon post filter to add a little taste back into the water
These 4 stages working together help ensure that 99.9% of contaminants are removed from the water.
Overview of features
This RO system also comes with a semi permeable membrane that helps to reduce the number of total dissolved solids in the water. With a capacity of about 50 gallons per day, it is the ideal purchase for a small and medium family.
For a great and pleasant experience, the filter comes with a quick and easy to change filters last longer to give you value for your money.
When it is time to change, you do not need to have any experience to make the change or any expertise. The change is done at the simple press of a button ensuring that you are able to continue enjoying safe drinking water without any problems whatsoever.
The system is easy to install and does not require any prior knowledge to get it working. This ensures that you are able to get water within the shortest time possible after the purchase.
Design and maintenance
One of the biggest concerns with any RO system is the ease of changing filters. The Watts Premier Pro is a modular system where you don’t need to remove everything to change just one filter.
All the filters are connected in such a way that there is very little external piping, which makes the whole unit look very neat and tidy.
Changing a filter is very easy. The entire filter unit pulls away from the system with the push of a button on the manifold that houses all the filter stages.
Once you have removed the filter stage, simply click the new one in place and you’re good to go. The LED indicator light does not detect the presence of a new filter, so you’ll have to override it by removing it’s battery and putting it back in.
The Watts Premier 4 Stage RO System is very easy on the eyes, as it comes fitted with a high end chrome designer air gap faucet. Not only does this make it more functional but also very aesthetically pleasing.
There is an LED indicator that will let you know when to change the filters. LED indicators are very useful reminders as we can sometimes become quite preoccupied and forget to change the filter!
Unless the system has a built-in indicator, the only reliable way to know the integrity of the filter is to use a TDS meter and measure the filtered water.
How long do the filters last on average?
- Stage 1: 6 months
- Stage 2: 6 months
- Stage 4: 1 year
- Membrane: 2 to 5 years
The only “hard” step in installing the Watts Premier Pro is making a 1.25 inch hole near your sink. Once you’ve bored the hole, the remaining process is quite straightforward.
A hole of this size is required to fit the air gap faucet. For more help on how to bore a hole in your countertop, check out this link.
After you’ve completed the drilling part, you just have to snap everything in place according to the colors on the manifold.
Please note that you’ll have to flush the system before using it, which can be done by filling and emptying the tank three times.
- 50 gallon per day capacity
- The easy installation procedure as well as the easy to change filters. These guarantee the user of a stress free product that is not only easy to set up but also easy to use
- It is affordable, with affordable filters that are long lasting and offer great value for money
- Without a doubt, the water that is produced by this system is utterly clear, clean and very safe for consumption and even cooking
- 3 year warranty
- Air gap faucet included
- Storage tank leaves the water with a plastic taste. However, this should not cause much concern and the taste goes away over time
- Storage tank is 3 gallons which is a little smaller than similar models from other manufacturers. This may result in lower pressure when you’re using a lot of water
On the whole, the Watts Premier Pro is a great under-sink reverse osmosis system. Obviously, it only outputs water through one faucet, but that should be fine if you’re only looking to purify water for drinking and cooking.
The upfront cost is quite economical, as is the yearly maintenance, and the water quality is very satisfactory.
- Four stage filtration: sediment pre-filter (WP105351) reduces dirt, silt; carbon pre-filter(WP105351) reduces chlorine taste and odors; the 50 GPD membrane (WP105331) reduces TDS, chromium, arsenic, copper, and lead; the carbon post-filter(WP105381) reduces chemicals like MTBE's, atrazine, benzene, and lindane
- The system includes a RO Pure Reverse Osmosis module with four pre-installed filters; a parts bag; a chrome, monitored, top-mount, air-gap faucet, and 3 gallon storage tank giving you crystal clear, high-quality, and great-tasting drinking water
- This space-saving, compact design allows this system to fit comfortably under your sink, requires fewer tube connections, includes back-flow prevention valves installed between the elements and cartridges have double O-rings so they won't leak
- The easy, quick-change push release filter system allows for easy filter change with no need to shut off the water source, is installed with check valves in the filter lid between cartridges to prevent back-flow and shut off valves in each filter head that shuts off the water flow when cartridges are removed
- Maximum operating pressure is 80 psi and to maintain top performance replace sediment and carbon pre-filters every 6 months, post carbon filter every 12 months, and the membrane every 2 to 5 years
Also remember to pick up a set of replacement filters so you don’t need to wait before changing!
- This Watts Premium water filter replacement kit contains five, 11 inch filters: two 5 Micron sediment Filter (WP105311), two 5 micron carbon pre-filter (WP105351), and one 5 micron carbon post-filter (WP105341)
- It is compatible with the RO Pure (WP531411, WP531407) and Pure Plus (WP531417, WP531517) line of reverse osmosis systems but will NOT fit the Watts 1/4 turn Kwik Change reverse osmosis system
- The sediment pre-filter reduces dirt, silt and rust while the carbon pre-filter and post filter reduce chlorine taste and odors and conditions the water before it is treated by the reverse osmosis membrane
- The major benefits of these filters for your under sink filtration system is to trap and remove sediment as well as eliminate chlorine taste and odor to provide clean drinking water
- To maintain top performance replace sediment and carbon pre-filters every 6 months and post-carbon every 12 months with our easy push button release that doesn't require you to shut off your water source