Before my dads’ birthday, I tried to find an article that compiled all the coolest Dad Mugs online.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any.
And if you start to browse on Amazon or Google, you will find a ton of cheap China-produced mugs that are dead boring and of super poor quality. You should avoid these.
Even though this website is mainly about eco-friendly products and services, I guess I might also be allowed to post my great findings about the best dad mugs on the market?
Many of us have a dad that deserves a nice gift every now and then.
Feel free to use this article as inspiration. I am nearly 100 % sure you will find some of the below-mentioned mugs funny, charming or just … provocative. 🙂
Table of Contents
- In a hurry? These are my top 3 favorites
- 1. “Dad, you’re almost as awesome as me” – Perfect for the dad who struggle with his eyesight
- 2. “Dad Nutritional facts” – What does your dad contain?
- 3. “Coffee Dad Fuel Mug” – How much energy is left in that guy?
- 4. “Punch my other dad in the face” – Just to show your violent side
- 5. ”Dad Coffee Mug Cup” – If you need a big and boring cup
- 6. “Dad, no matter what!” – At least he’s not having ugly children
- 7. “This is what an awesome dad looks like” – If your dad needs a confidence boost
- 8. “DILF” – If your dad has a naughty humor
- Other things to consider when buying a mug for your dad
- Similar reviews
In a hurry? These are my top 3 favorites
If you want to read more about each and every product, feel free to scroll down below.
1. “Dad, you’re almost as awesome as me” – Perfect for the dad who struggle with his eyesight
Personally, I ended up buying this coffee mug for my dad. Not because it’s the funniest dad mug on the market – but simply because it’s true.
He is almost as awesome as me.
- Double design (printed on two sides)
- Black ink of very high-quality
- Nice size (11 ounces)
- Made out of ceramic
- Microwave safe
This is the perfect gift. If anyone buys this mug without giving it as a gift: it doesn’t really give meaning. The whole point is that the receiver (dad) is almost as cool as the one giving the mug (you, I assume?).
So I bought it.
I quickly want to mention one thing that separates this mug brand from other similar brands on Amazon. The satisfaction guarantee can be important to have when you buy products as a gift.
If there are any defects or you’re unhappy with your purchase, you can easily get a new one by getting in touch with them.
2. “Dad Nutritional facts” – What does your dad contain?
Cute, innocent and funny at the same time. This is one of my absolute favorites.
- Comes in both black and white (two versions)
- Made out of high-quality ceramic
- Very popular on Amazon based on the reviews
This amazing mug has a print on both sides. The funny text is very innocent and child friendly. So there is no point hiding this mug from any family members.
Please also note that the mug has a total capacity of 11 ounces, which is quite a lot.
It says that the printing has taken place in the US. However, it does not say on Amazon where the actual mug has been made. At least not as far as I can find.
|Printed in||The United States of America|
3. “Coffee Dad Fuel Mug” – How much energy is left in that guy?
What a genius mug this is. Sometimes I get slightly impressed by the creativity on “funny” consumer products.
This is one of these rare cases where I get REALLY impressed.
- Perfect for coffee, tea or other caffeine drinks
- Standard size of 11 ounces
- “DAD Fuel” and a nice barometer written on the side of the mug
- Very affordable
If you have a coffee addicted dad (who doesn’t?), this is the perfect gift. Giving this mug is a combination of two things:
- “Dad, I love you”
- “Dad, you can never survive without drinking coffee”
Which is cute and edgy at the same time.
What I also enjoy about this model is that it’s super cheap. The prices can obviously go up based on what the Amazon Seller wants, but right now it costs about 8 USD. Madness price. Absolute madness.
|Size||11 ounces (standard)|
|Color||White + ink|
4. “Punch my other dad in the face” – Just to show your violent side
This mug is taking things a bit further than the other on this list.
But I like it.
- Made by Wittsy, which is a known manufacturer of mugs, cups and glasses
- Satisfaction guarantee
- A text your dad will LOVE
If I had a dad that enjoyed this type of humor, I would 100 % end up buying this one. And if I one day in the future get a son….and he for some reason reads this article in the future….buy me this one.
1000+ reviews on Amazon
There are literally tens of thousands of people who have bought this mug.
How do I know that? First of all, because I used to sell stuff on Amazon. And when a product got more than 1000 reviews, it is extremely popular.
Having a lot of sales and reviews over a long period of time is indeed a quality stamp. Go get it.
5. ”Dad Coffee Mug Cup” – If you need a big and boring cup
I’ll be honest: this is only on the list because I know that someone prefers to buy their dad a boring cup.
- “DAD” written in large letters on one side
- “My claim to joy, love and legacy” on the other side
- Large size (1,1 pounds)
- Big handle
I know that a lot of Amazon sellers tend to oversell their product a bit. However, I don’t think it’s wrong when the description calls this mug a “stunning piece of art”.
Or is it?
Well. I don’t know. I’ve only seen this one in pictures – not in real life.
Size: 18 ounces – for a dad who is thirsty
But what I know is that this is one of the larger Dad mugs that you can get on the market. Most normal mugs are made in a standard size of 11 ounces.
So if you got a thirsty dad that loves to pour himself a big cup of coffee, this might be the gift you’re looking for.
|Size||18 ounces (1,1 pounds)|
|Dishwasher safe?||Oh yes!|
6. “Dad, no matter what!” – At least he’s not having ugly children
If you want to let your dad know that he has one or several kids with a lot of confidence, you’re buying this mug for him.
It’s especially accurate if you also have a dad who got a nice mustache.
- Standard cup size
- More than 1200 positive reviews on Amazon
- Produced by a well-known brand called Wittsy
This super nice mug comes in a nice gift box. Wittsy is a great company that really knows how to produce consumer goods that function as gifts for several occasions.
This is a mug that can be bought for christmas, father’s day, or birthdays.
….or really any occasion: as long as you have a dad that deserves or needs a new mug.
7. “This is what an awesome dad looks like” – If your dad needs a confidence boost
Has your dad been feeling a bit down lately?
Give him this mug and make him happy again.
- Made out of ceramic
- Design on both sides of the mug
- Can be used for both hot and cold beverages
This is one of the more innocent Dad Mugs on Amazon to be honest. If you just want to give your dad a nice, warm, and cozy mug – here you go. This can’t go wrong.
|Amazon reviews||150 +… and counting|
8. “DILF” – If your dad has a naughty humor
Haha, well… if you get it, you get it.
If you don’t: don’t ask.
- “DILF” written all over it
- Might be good to buy to dads who already got grown-up children
- Printed on both sides
PS! If you don’t know what a “DILF” is… don’t buy this one. And if you’re not sure how your dad will take this gift, I would recommend you to go for one of the other mugs.
|Brand name||Rogue River Tactical|
Other things to consider when buying a mug for your dad
Let’s not overcomplicate this topic. After all: you’re looking for a funny mug as a gift to your dad. That’s it.
However, I would point out that I have worked in product sourcing in China before, which has made me a nerd when it comes to analyzing simple consumer goods.
Therefore, a mug is a bit more than a mug for me.
Quality of the print
About 20 years ago, my Norwegian dad went on a holiday in Florida. He bought a mug with the text:
“Please send some more tourists – the last ones were delicious”
And a picture of a shark.
Funny enough. And 20 years later, the print on that mug is PERFECT – as if it was bought a week ago.
Four months ago, I bought a very expensive mug from Amazon that had a print of my favorite football team. At the moment, I cannot tell if there ever was any print on that mug. It’s literally gone.
I think you understand where I’m heading with this. The quality of the print is super important when you buy a mug. Be very careful about reading the reviews on Amazon as this is one of the main things that people will complain about.
Made in … where?
As a general rule, I try to always purchase products that have been made in the US.
Chinese sellers have almost fully taken over Amazon in regards to consumer products, which is sad. Support your locals, guys.
If it’s made in the US: it’s very easy to see. If it’s made in China: it’s probably hidden very well from the Amazon listing. 🙂
Fun and controversial
This point might just be out of my personal preferences.
But I am one of those who think that a mug with “Best Dad in the world” is a bit… boring. In fact, it’s dead boring.
So unless the mug actually has something written on it that is a bit on the edge, I would not buy it. That’s just me – but I also see that the more controversial mugs tend to be more popular on Amazon.
Good construction of the mug
Now comes the nerdy part.
Some years ago, I was standing in the middle of nowhere in central China trying to explain to the manufacturer what a mug should look like (yeah…I know). And from what I can remember, these are the most important elements in regards to construction:
- The handle needs to be placed correctly so it’s not too low. Many mugs have a handle that is way lower than it should be, which makes it hard to drink from it.
- Can you actually hold the mug with your bare hands (not only on the handle) while it contains warm drinks? And if you can: what is the total weight of the mug? Some mugs are made out of a super heavy material, which isn’t very user friendly.
- A wide bottom. This is super important. You know these fancy tall coffee mugs that women over 50 always tend to love? They are useless. Not only will they easily fall over if you accidentally touch them. But in order to drink the last drop of whatever you have in your cup, you literally need to tip your head 90 degrees like a maniac.
Anyway: those were the most important points I had on this matter.
I hope it made you realize that it’s not just that a “mug is a mug”. Don’t buy anything just because it looks like it has a funny text on the side.
So that’s it.
Hopefully, you’ve been able to find some nice mug for your dad. If you can’t find them in this article, you can always just head over to Amazon and do some searches.
You might not be sure what to search for. However, the below-mentioned search terms helped me a lot to find relevant products:
- “Dad mugs”
- “Mugs for dad gift”
- “Funny mugs father’s day”
…. and other similar searches. The Amazon search algorithm is actually quite smart – so it will quickly understand what you’re searching for.
Also remember: it’s important that you buy a mug of high quality. I would therefore recommend that you read through at least 3-5 reviews on Amazon to understand if people got some issues with the actual mug or the quality of the ink.
If you scroll a bit up in the article, you will find a full list of mugs that I recommend.
All of them should be suitable for your dad – or at least I hope so.
The messaging is the most important thing. It HAS to be funny in some way.
Secondly, it’s also important that the mug itself is made out of high-quality materials. It needs to have a wide bottom, a print that lasts long despite many rounds in the dishwasher – and a handle that is comfortable in your hand.
Not more than 20 USD.
Most of these mugs can be found in the range of 6 USD – 15 USD. Unfortunately, there is almost always a correlation between price and quality.
If you’re still reading, I assume that you might enjoy some of my other product reviews on Sustainability Matters.
Several of the products below would be a perfect gift for your dad: