Performance to Expect
There are many household water filtration systems out there, and not all of them provide just one stage of filtration like this model does.
Even though this 3M Home Water Filtration System only uses one step for filtration, it is able to achieve the task of filtering out various particles down to 5 microns in size.
These particles are so small that they cannot be seen by the naked eye. Therefore, this model is able to clean almost all of the contaminants found in water that passes through it.
If you live in an area where water can be easily contaminated or where the water filtration system for the local municipality might not be quite up to standards, you will find your home benefits from this type of water cleaning.
At the same time, you might find yourself rotating through many filters if the water coming into the house has a lot of heavy sediment because this filter is not meant to handle such demanding tasks.
You might not even think about installing one of these water filtration systems in your home initially.
In some cases, only modern homes are built with them in place, so you might have to go about updating your home to have this feature present.
While it looks like an oxygen tank that might attach to a water system, it packs quite the punch when it comes to cleaning water.
Most water comes that comes into your home comes with certain trace elements and other dangerous things. One of these things is lead. Therefore, adding a water filtration system into your home will be able to prevent these trace amounts of potentially deadly substances from making their way into your home’s water and then into your body.
Installing one of these pieces into your home’s water system does not have to be difficult. Anyone with even a little knowledge about plumbing can put one of these filtration systems in place without having to call a professional.
However, if you do not know one end of a wrench from the other end, though, you might be better off contacting a professional.
It is important to note that this filtration system will not break down easily, either. Stainless steel construction has been worked into this filter’s head, and it should last for a lifetime, so long as it is treated with the proper care.
The manufacturer offers a 25 year limited warranty, which is proof of how confident they are in the head’s construction and capability.
Pros and Cons
This filter will wash out so many, different contaminants that could make water taste odd, be cloudy in color, or have strange smells. In some cases, this water filtration system is also able to remove staining elements like iron from the water, too.
If you use this water filtration system, you will find your water has a better, crisper, cleaner taste, and it looks practically crystal clear. Any particles that are as small as 5 microns will be filtered out of the water, so everything from chlorine to sulfur will be removed.
You are likely to also experience a change in your showers and baths once this water filtration system is in place. No longer will you spend extra time scrubbing soap from your hair and skin as the water will not be hard any longer.
At the same time, the shower and tub rinse clean of residue, and there are not any additional additives that might stick to your skin. If you have skin concerns, you might find that showers and baths are easier on your skin once this water filtration system is put into place.
You might have heard that some people have stated that they find water filtration systems to be too expensive of an upgrade. However, it is important to note that this water filtration system will last through 100,000 gallons of water, which no family is likely to go through in a single year.
However, letting the filter go for years on end without being serviced is not the best of ideas. It can become clogged, which will end up causing costly repairs. Therefore, the unit should be serviced at least once a year, even if that 100,000 gallon mark is nowhere near being exceeded.
There is another point to contend with when purchasing one of these water filtration systems. Consider how much money is spent in your home throughout a year on bottled water.
Having a water filtration system in your home will mean replacing all of those bottled waters with water from the tap. This feature alone will save you hundreds of dollars a year.
There is one, final factor to consider with installing a water filtration system. Appliances and pipes throughout your house that make use of a water connection will see an extended life.
These water features will not experience clogging or wear and tear from the additives and trace materials that will be taken out of the water. Sediment will not have the chance to form in the bottoms of pipes, which also makes the water safer to use in the long run.
[thrive_text_block color=”blue” headline=””]
- Only needs to be replaced once every 100,000 gallons of water used.
- Reduces the costs of purchasing bottled water and water pitcher filters.
- Removes particles down to as small as five microns from water.
- Experience fewer water stains on clothes, sinks, and more.
- Reduce strange smells and metallic tastes, making water safer to consume.
[thrive_text_block color=”blue” headline=””]
- Replacing the filter on a yearly basis can add up to costs that you might not want.
- Having the unit installed by a professional and then serviced for the sake of preventing clogs an also add up in cost.
- CLEARLY GREAT WATER: This whole house water filter reduces sediment build-up, chlorine taste and odor as well as scale – helping to increase the life of hot water heaters and appliances (dishwashers, clothes washers, etc.).
- EASY TO REPLACE: Sanitary Quick Change (SQC) design allows for fast and easy change-outs of the 3M Aqua-Pure AP917HD-S Replacement Water Filter Cartridge without having to contact the filter media or the need for a filter wrench.
- 100,000 GALLON CAPACITY: Replacement cartridge has an activated carbon filter with nominal heavy duty particulate reduction rating of 5 micronss and a 100,000 gallon capacity at high flow rates of 10 gpm and even at intermittent peak flow rates of 20 gpm.
- FLOW RATE: 1” inlet and outlet connections to help a plumbing professional with easy installation and peak flow rates up to 20 gpm to meet the water pressure demands of most homes.
- CORROSION RESISTANT: 304 stainless steel head can be installed on existing copper pipes in the home. It consists of a corrosion resistant material that provides long service life. Fitting Type: NPT Female